Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life Notes

For some time I have carried a small Moleskine notebook for recording thoughts, things I have read, ideas and other assorted 'stuff'. This morning I opened one of these little tomes and found myself enjoying jottings from several years ago while enjoying a hot cup of tea. I seemed to remember where I was when I recorded many of them. Others I seemed to be reading for the first time. Some even elicited the desire to write about and explore more deeply. Is that how the literary greats began?

I have been fascinated by books and writers since I was very young. The art of writing has a certain glamor in which I longed to participate. While having dreamt of writing the next best-seller maybe I now realize that simply affixing words to paper is sufficient joy. I wonder if Hemingway and Steinbeck ever felt than way?

No comments:

Post a Comment